Monday, November 10, 2008

J.C. Wilder


Author Pen Name: J.C. Wilder

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

JCW: I write in all sorts of genres. Paranormal, erotic romance, futuristic, contemporary…
Basically I write what appeals to me at the moment. J

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

JCW: Seventh grade – or that’s when I wrote my first novel.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

JCW: Most definitely my father. He gave me a love of reading and my desire to write came from that. He encouraged me to read anything and everything so I did.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

JCW: I don’t have a set schedule even when I’m writing. I either write first thing in the morning or in the evenings – those seem to be the times when my creative juices are flowing. If the writing is coming along then I have a tendency to cancel any outside commitments and hole up in my house like a hermit…or serial killer. J

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

JCW: I don’t know that there is one. Excited would probably come the closest.

CA: What was your biggest challenge in writing your book(s)?

JCW: Keeping my backside in the chair. Even though writing is a sit down job, one of the issues I keep running into is back pain. I find the older I get the more I have to keep the body moving and that’s tricky when I’m typing. J


CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

JCW: I’m really into gardening so in the summer I spend a lot of hours outside. I also am an avid movie watcher and reader. Right now I’m working on redoing several rooms in my house so there’s always some sort of busy work to do.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

JCW: I think I’m in the thirties now, I don’t know for sure. My favorite is usually my last book and in this case it’s Winter’s Daughter. It comes out in paperback in October, 2008.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

JCW: Well, usually someone will say or do something that will inspire me to create a character. When I was writing a series of vampire titles several years ago a friend said to me, ‘is that a crucifix in your pocket or are you happy to see me’ and a character was spawned from that sentence. I never know where my imagination will take me.

CA: Do you have any advice for the aspiring writers out there?

JCW: Sit your butt down and write the book. Almost everyone I meet tells me they’d love to write a book but they just never sit down to do it.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

JCW: My books are available at your local bookseller or online at http://www.amazon.com/ or any other online bookstore.
You can contact me at http://www.jcwilder.com/.

CA: Is there anything you would like to add?

JCW: Thanks for having me, Crystal!

CA: JC, it was a pleasure having you, and glad you took time out of your “hermit” phase to hang out this week lol!

2 comments:

Zulmara said...

Que cool are you...love this interview...and the advice to writers...just do it...

And writing when the creative juices are flowing...que cool are you...love the way you honor your muse...

ADELANTE!!!

Zulmara

Anonymous said...

love the interview.


blackroze37