Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ann Raina



Author Pen Name: Ann Raina

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

AR: Usually, I write Science Fiction with a deep erotic, sometimes BDSM touch such as “Freedom in Chains” which was published with eXtasy books at the beginning of 2008.

I have loved writing for as long as I recall. I wrote fanfiction, I wrote action stories and a lot more. It’s one of my favorite wastes of time.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

AR: I’ve been a writer for many years, but only last year I dared to send my manuscript to eXtasy to have it checked for publication. Many of my other stories were read by friends and they pushed me to try and become an author.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

AR: I have a lot of imagination that needs a vent. I’m lucky to say that I’ve got a girlfriend who shares my points of view and who helps me creating storyline and characters.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

AR: I don’t have a schedule. I write when I find the time between being a parent, working, doing housework etc. Some weeks I write page after page while other weeks I don’t find a minute to put down a line.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

AR: Lucky.

CA: What was your biggest challenge in writing your book(s)?

AR: To make ends meet. To never lose focus on the important moments in the story. To keep the story interesting and entertaining. I read it several times to make sure I took down all important details.

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

AR: I’m a mother of two, that keeps me quite busy. And it my spare time I like to ride.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

AR: I wrote several books during the last three years, most of them rather long stories. I favor my latest SF novel because it’s funny, it got moments you can laugh about but there are also tragic and dramatic scenes, which will – hopefully – touch the readers’ soul.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

AR: Every character comes from my or my girlfriend’s imagination. I feel much better if I don’t try to characterize some known people in my novels. I tend to refer to actors in their outer appearance (hey, who doesn’t?) but not concerning their characters in or out of the movies.

CA: Do you have any advice for the aspiring writers out there?

AR: Write down a storyline first. You are the only one who knows where you want to go with your story – from action to drama to children’s book. Ask yourself what you want to write and how to keep suspense throughout the story. And don’t be shy to ask bystanders to read it and be honest with you (after all, publishers won’t take your story if they think it could be better…). And one more – don’t be discouraged if you don’t find a publishing house soon. Jack London needed years to find a publishing house and he became very famous… So it’s your chance to be next in line!

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

AR: “Freedom in Chains” is available through eXtasy books. My next two novels will be published with the same company. My website is www.annraina.com. You’re welcome to leave a message on my contact sheet. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

CA: Is there anything you would like to add?

AR: When I was asked by a German publisher why I write, I told him that I just love to tell stories. If I can make one person happy who reads my book it’ll be very satisfying. I hope to brighten people’s days.

CA: Thanks Ann, I hope you have a great week hanging out : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiya love the interview!
i didnt see your myspace addy


how do you come up with pen names\
blackroze37@yahoo.com

LeighSavage said...

I totally get where your coming from about the writing schedule...I have two kids as well...well a third if you count my husband...:)

I wish you the best of luck...

Blessed Be,
Leigh Savage