Monday, October 20, 2008

Pamela S. Thibodeaux



** FREE STUFF **

*Free Stuff*
Also, everyone who posts a comment will receive a .pdf file called Thib’s Teaser which contains blurbs and excerpts of all my published books/stories, a Free short story and discount coupons worth over $20 in savings when they purchase books directly from me!

Author Pen Name: Pamela S Thibodeaux

Author Interview Questions:

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

PST: I write Inspirational ‘with an edge’ romantic and women’s fiction. I write romance because I love – LOVE and all those gooey emotions that go with it. I write Inspirational to share my faith and God’s goodness with the world.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

PST: I don’t remember ever ‘wanting’ to be a writer. I’ve always been an avid reader and after reading one too many disappointing books, thought I could do better. A bit arrogant as it turns out that writing well is a lot harder than I initially imagined.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

PST: As I mentioned in the previous question, thinking I could do better than what I currently read was the impetus for me to begin writing. However, in 1989 I recommitted my life to Christ and my writing to Him and that’s when my focus changed from secular romance to what I write today.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

PST: Well, like many I maintain a full-time job so my writing is limited to mornings, evenings and weekends. When I’m actively writing or editing a book or story, I try to focus mainly on that in the time that I have. If I’m between projects, I use that time to promote, blog, write articles, etc.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

PST: Humbled.


CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

PST: Read. I sometimes watch a good movie with my husband but I LOVE to read!

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

PST: I currently have 5 published novels, 1 contracted novel, and 1 not-yet-contracted, which is a total of 7 full-length novels (70K words or more). My favorite is the one I haven’t written yet. J Seriously, it’s hard to pick a favorite out of those I’ve written as I become attached to the characters and story so much during the writing/editing stage that I can’t pick just one! I love the creating process. I also love when the story is over because then I can move on to the next one.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

PST: I’m sure each character has traits similar to those of someone I know, but they are all totally imagination. Each one takes on a life of his or her own.

CA: Do you have any advice for the aspiring writers out there?

PST: Whatever you write, write well. Strive for excellence. Stay teachable, pliable, and flexible. Never believe that you know it all because knowledge is power and the more you know the more valuable you become. Above all share what you learn with others and make someone’s load lighter to bear.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

PST: Readers can email me at: pthib-7@centurytel.net or pthib07@yahoo.com or pthib07@hotmail.com
My Website is: http://pamelathibodeaux.com/
My Blog: http://pamswildroseblog.blogspot.com/

My E-books are available through The Wild Rose Press and ComStar Media and the print books are available through Amazon.com and other book stores online.

Readers can also read some of my articles at Associated Content and/or Rate them at Helium!

CA: Is there anything you would like to add?

PST: Yes, I’d like to THANK YOU, Crystal for interviewing me for your blog. I’d also like to THANK my faithful readers for their continued support and to WELCOME new readers into my world. Most of all, I’d like to THANK GOD, for His continued blessings and faithfulness in opening doors for the publication of my work.

*Free Stuff*
Also, everyone who posts a comment will receive a .pdf file called Thib’s Teaser which contains blurbs and excerpts of all my published books/stories, a Free short story and discount coupons worth over $20 in savings when they purchase books directly from me!

CA: Thank you Pamela, I’ve not read your books yet but I hear good things, so you must be doing something right : ) Hope you have a wonderful week!














9 comments:

Dena said...

Hello, I enjoyed the interview with Pam. I like to read a inspirational once in while to break up the paranormal and historicals I mostly read.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks for commenting Dena!

I'll send your gift.

PamT

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Hey Dena,

Email me please pthib-7@centurytel.net so I can send your gift LOL!

PamT

Asylumgirl said...

Hi Pam! Your advice for writers is good advice for folks in general. The world would be a whole lot nicer.

Deidre

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks for stopping by Deidre!

Email me @ pthib-7@centurytel.net and I'll send your gift.

PamT

Zulmara said...

Love this interview...especially the advice to young readers...I think that is sooo important...to stay teachable and to strive for excellence...

very inspirational...

ADELANTE!!!

Zulmara

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Zulmara!

Email me @ pthib-7@centurytel.net and I'll send your gift.

PamT

Anonymous said...

did you pick that name for your pen name?

i knew some1, longggggggg ago that had a name that sounded like thibodeaux
love the interview

blackroze37@yahoo.com

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Hey Anonymous!

No, not a pen name - my real name LOL.

Thanks for stopping by!

PamT