Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hubert Mullins




Hubert Mullins Interview

CA: So Hubert since the last time we spoke and I reviewed your last vampire novel, Rage of the Vampire what have you been up to?

HM: I’ve been hard at work on the third and final book of the trilogy titled ‘War of the Vampire’. I’ve just begun work on my newest book, a prequel called ‘Birth of the Vampire’.

CA: Where do you get your inspiration for your novels?

HM: Usually just every day life. If you pay attention to people and situations, you can come up with really interesting things. I can create a whole character simply by cobbling together personality traits and mannerisms of real people around me.

CA: Why vampires? What makes them more attracting than say… werewolves?

HM: For me, it was the idea of breaking the ‘cookie-cutter’ mold that has plagued vampires in common literature and media. I wanted to make them different, or at least rewrite the rules for their being. This idea fascinated me. Who knows, maybe one day I’ll give the same treatment to werewolves.

CA: How do you balance your writing with your daily life?

HM: It’s all about scheduling. I’m a very systematic person. If I can squeeze in just one or two hours a day of writing, I can make that go a long way. At the end of the week, I try to schedule in at least a whole day of writing or world-building.

CA: If you could accomplish one thing with your writing, what would that be?

HM: Just to entertain people. I’m not trying to change the world. If I can make one person forget their problems for a few hours, then I’ve accomplished my goal.

CA: What age group do your books fall in?

HM: Generally my age group is around 18-25, but recently I’ve discovered this has opened up. Lots of older people have started enjoying my books and I’ve even talked with a few children as young as 12 who have read them.

CA: Who is one person living or not so living… that you would like to meet? Why?

HM: I would love to have met H.P. Lovecraft. He is one of the few authors who dabbled in dark fantasy. That is such a rare thing today and Lovecraft did it like no other.

CA: Are you planning more vampire novels in the future?

HM: I’m currently working on a prequel novel that revolves around the life of famed vampire Kersey Avonwood, titled Birth of the Vampire and should be released next fall.

CA: How can readers learn a little more about you and your books? Do you have websites they can visit?

HM: Sure, I invite readers to visit my website at www.HubertLMullins.com or my MySpace at www.myspace.com/hopescovenant

CA: Is there anything you would like to add? Maybe an exerpt?

HM: I have just posted the first chapter of my new book War of the Vampire on my website. I encourage everyone to check it out.

CA: Hubert, thanks so much hope you enjoy the interview!

HM: Thank you!

6 comments:

Zulmara said...

wow...que cool are you...penning your novel on napkins...while waiting tables...now that is dedication...

ADELANTE!!!

Zulmara

Zulmara said...

Love the notion of breaking the literary view of vampires...que cool are you...you are AWESOME...don't usually read vampire tales, but should put these on my list...

ADELANTE!!!

Zulmara said...

Sorry, first comment for other interview...lol...

Zulmara

Zulmara said...

Sorry, first comment for other interview...lol...

Zulmara

Anonymous said...

o i befriended you myspace
blackroze

LeighSavage said...

Your books sounds very intriguing I'll have to add your books to my wish list....blessed be Leigh

I've also sent a request for myspace

Best Wishes