Monday, September 8, 2008

Tiva Wallon


Author Pen Name: Tiva Wallon

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

TW: I am a multi genre author but my main passion is romance and erotica. Why I write the stories I do is because each one has a piece of me woven throughout the story. Weather it be real or just part of my terribly vivid imagination I have to give my fantasy life so hopefully others will fall in love with my characters too.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

TW: I have always been a dreamer. As a child I would create all kinds of fantasies so I wrote my first two page story when I was around ten. Sci-fi was my main genre back then and I lived and breathed the stuff.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

TW: I would have to honestly say my grand mother. She led quite the adventurous life. Through the years and hearing about her countless escapades I couldn’t help but want to experience the things she did. The only way for me to do that was to pen them and of course, embellish them enough to make them my own.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

TW: I work a full time day job…unfortunately. When I get home I have about two hours to work on my stories then I fix dinner. After that I can spend another couple hours on the computer then I spend the remaining time with my hubby. So I guess you could say I’m a part-time writer. But hey, it works for me because I now have 11 books out since 2004.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

TW: Blessed

CA: What was your biggest challenge in writing your book(s)?

TW: When I write, I put myself into the minds of my characters. I become them which takes concentration, peace and quiet. My challenge is the phone ringing, neighbors or friends stopping by, having to stop and fix dinner. All of these pull me out of my story and I have to start over to get back inside.

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

TW: My hubby and I recently bought 2 ½ acres of property in the country. So I like to go out there and listen to the silence, listen to nature, watch the fire and work on my garden. It’s refreshing to the mind. Out there the next chapter begins to formulate in my head.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

TW: I now have 11. My favorite would have to be ATWATER CASTLE : GATEWAY TO HELL. It’s filled with lots of action, passion and suspense. Not to mention it’s my first paranormal erotica. It’s been one of my biggest sellers.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

TW: Both, but mostly from my imagination.

CA: Do you have any advice for the aspiring writers out there?

TW: Never give up, write something every day and never accept no as an answer. If you get a rejection letter, just consider it a learning tool. Use it to better your writing skills. It doesn’t mean your story stinks, it just means that particular publisher can’t use your story. What one doesn’t want, another one will. If you’re going to be a writer, you have to accept criticism. Not everyone will like what you write, but others will.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

TW: I urge everyone to check my web page out to see all my books, read all the blurbs. There is information on where and how to order my books on my web page. http://tivawllon.bravehost.com/ Please stop by, say hi and sign my guest book. I am also on www.myspace.com/tivawallon

CA: Is there anything you would like to add?

TW: My latest book, “Mr. Teddy Bear” has been accepted by Dark Castle Lords and will be released in a couple months. This book is also listed at lulu.com and can be purchased in paperback form there. I also have a thriller/suspense due out this year and a Sci-fi paranormal/erotica in the works. I have a 9 book series with 3 books out so far. Number 4 is also set for release later this year. 2009 will bring book # 5 of the series, 2 romance novels, a book of poetry, a cook book and a coffee table photo book. Check my web page to learn more.

3 comments:

Zulmara said...

Great inteview...love the advice to aspiring writers...you have to have a stronger YES...

How nice to have been inspired by a grandmother...she must have been very special...

thanks for sharing...

ADELANTE!!!

Zulmara

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful how Ms Wallon was inspired by her grandmother. She sounds like one hell of a woman.

For a part-time writer she's explosively prolific! Wow!

Dena said...

It's always nice seeing how writers even part-time writers get there books written and the process.