Monday, August 18, 2008

Isabelle Rose


Author Pen Name: Isabelle Rose

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

IR: I write fantasy, erotica, fiction and horror. I write because I love to daydream. I love to look at people and imagine what their lives are like, or what they’re thinking at that particular moment. Also, because I have an overactive imagination and writing is the healthiest way for me to express myself.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

IR: My whole life I wanted to be a writer. Ever since I was able to hold a pen and form sentences.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

IR: Other writers help inspire me to write, like Terry Moore (Author/Artist/Creator of Strangers in Paradise and Echo) and Laurel K. Hamilton (I really like the Merry Gentry series). But also random things in life help inspire me to pick up a pen.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

IR: Well right now since I’m pregnant with my first child my writing schedule is basically nonexistent. (I’m pretty sure the baby has something to do with it). But when I was able to write I wrote every day, whether I was at home or at work.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

IR: Thrilled. I love knowing that people are reading my work. And also a little worried because I want people to enjoy my work and be entertained.

CA: What was your biggest challenge in writing your book(s)?

IR: Coming up with an ending. Sometimes I can go on and on and on…well…you get the idea. J

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

IR: My husband will tell you that I’m cranky when I’m not writing…and I agree with him. But lately I’m just taking a break from it all right now and letting my brain relax for a bit. I wrote three books in a year and a half, which has to count for something. So right now I’m just going to concentrate on finding a good home for my books and see what happens next.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

IR: Four. Naughty Fairy Tales V1 and V2 (through Stardust Press, which no longer exists but I combined the best of both books and turned it into one solid book that can be found at www.lulu.com ) Under the Moonlight (Now available through Cacoethes Publishing) and The Laurel (still looking for a publisher).

IR: My favorite? Hmmm…I would have to say The Laurel, because I really got a chance to explore something that I had never done before and that was very exciting for me. But I love all of my books.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

IR: Mostly from my imagination.

CA: Do you have any advice for the aspiring writers out there?

IR: Never stop writing! Don’t give up. Be open to criticism you might learn something and also grow as a writer because of it.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

IR: You can either email me at isabellerose23@yahoo.com or leave comments on my blog http://isabellerose23.livejournal.com I also have a website www.freewebs.com/isabellerose23

CA: Is there anything you would like to add?

IR: Here’s a blurb for Under the Moonlight:

In the blink of an eye, Detective Morgan Carbone’s life changes from day to night. Sociopath, serial killer, and charmer David McAllister won’t reveal where the bodies of several young women are located, and Morgan is determined to get answers from him. She gets much more from him during an interrogation, when he sinks his teeth into her hand, causing her to bleed profusely. The bite leaves Morgan with flawless skin as her wound heals quickly and perfectly, and it leaves her with severe bloodlust as she has now turned into a werewolf, like her serial-killing nemesis. This drastic change casts Morgan into an action-packed, dramatic journey as she is pressured (a deadly chip in the brain can do that) by a man to go across the country to kill a vampire that has supposedly killed his sister. Morgan must decide if she will fulfill her goal for him or let her heart fall for the deadly vampiress, who eerily reminds her of her first and only true love – a woman who got away.

Under the Moonlight is now available through Cacoethes Publishing www.cacoethespublishing.net for $5.50 and it will be in print really soon.

CA: I’ve read and reviewed Under the Moonlight and it was awesome! Thanks for hangin’ out Isabelle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You better do all the writing you can while that baby is IN your belly! Take it from a mommy of 3, once they pop out, time works against you!
Three books in 1 1/2 years? Impressed. Every year my resolution is to finish 3 books. So far, the closest I've gotten is 2 1/2. I'm getting there! Share your secret!

Anonymous said...

Actually, doing research is a great fuel for inspiration. The last book I wrote was based on the Greek myth of Apollo and Daphne (check it out it's an awesome myth) and the research I did for that book helped me turn what should've been a short story into a novel. So there you have it, so simple I know. ;) Good luck with your work.