Monday, June 23, 2008

Interview with Savannah Chase

Author Pen Name: Savannah Chase

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

SC: First off I wanted to say thank you Crystal for having me here. I’m very happy to be doing this interview.
To answer your question I write contemporary, paranormal, fantasy romance and erotica. I have always loved to write. My passion has always been writing stories about love. It doesn’t matter if it’s about vampires or race car drivers. I just loved to write stories.

CA: Thank you Savannah! IT is great to have you here this week!

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

SC: I have been writing for over thirteen years but I never knew that I could publish my work. After reading one of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s books I got the push to try to get my work out there. Let people read it and try to get it published.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

SC: I was inspired by Sherrilyn Kenyon’s books. Her Dark Hunter series got me hooked from the very first page. Her writing transported you to the different location in her stories. You couldn’t wait to turn the page. When the book finished you wished that there was more.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

SC: I try to write daily at least one thousand words. If I’m not able to work on a story then I use the time to research or plot other books. I write when the muse hits. I make sure to carry a pen and paper with me at all times.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

SC: One word……excited

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

SC: When I’m not writing I love listening to music and reading. I also work on research for future stories. Doing research sometimes spikes my muse and I come up with even more new story ideas.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

SC: So far I have written seven books. One called Bid For Love will be re-released later on this year and the rest are looking for a home. I’m always working on new stories and it is usually not one book at a time. It’s hard to pick one as a favorite. I love all my stories.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

SC: Most the characters in my books are from my imagination but there are some that might have traits from people I know or people I have met over the years.

CA: Do you have any advice for the aspiring writers out there?

SC: Never give up. The road is hard to get to where you want to get but all the hard work pays off. If you love what you are doing never stop. Work hard and push forward till you achieve your dreams.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

SC: You can get a hold of me via my official web site www.savannahchase.com there’s a place to send me email in the contact section.
With purchasing my books there is a direct link to my books and where you may purchase them on my official web page.

CA: Is there anything you would like to add?

SC: I can also be found at the following places:
Official Yahoo Loop
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/savannahchase/

Official Newsletter
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SavannahChaseNaughtyNews/

Official My Space
www.myspace.com/savannah_chase

There is something usually going on at the yahoo loop from parties, to author events and much much more.

CA: Again, Thank you Savannah for dropping by this week, I have one of your books to review and I am looking forward to it!!

12 comments:

Drea said...

What a great interview...Savannah, you are seem to be such a positive person. I think that's awesome!

Karen H said...

Great interview...thanks.

Savannah Chase said...

Drea, thank you so much...I try to be...No matter what happens you have to push forward and reach for your stars...

Thank you Drea and Karen for stoppin by to check out the interview and thank you to Crystal

Zulmara said...

Love your advice to new writers...and how you were so inspired to start sharing your work...

kudos to you...

ADELANTE!!!

Zulmara

P. Robinson said...

Great interview, Savannah. I love learning more about you.

Kissa

Savannah Chase said...

Zulmara, you are welcome, I know when I started how hard it was to find my way and get over all the bumps in the road..No matter what you always keep learning and never stop...Just know that if you love what you do never give up....

Savannah Chase said...

Kissa, thank you so much for coming over, it means a ton that you did....I love doing interviews, they are always interesting and fun...

Rae Lori said...

Hey Sav!

Wonderful interview! Your positive spirit really shows and it's always a treat to learn more about ya.

Keep up the great work! :-D

Savannah Chase said...

Rae, thank you so much...I love to be positive and inspire.....

Cathy M said...

I haven't read any of your books yet, but I love learning about new authors, and enjoyed taking a peek at your website. I am a big paranormal romance fan, and Sherrilyn Kenyon is one of my favorite authors too.

Anonymous said...

HI Savannah, I love the cover for your book.

Lauren

B said...

Awesome job! Savannah you rock! :D