Sunday, June 15, 2008

Interview with Janet Lane Walters



Author Pen Name: Janet Lane Walters

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

JLW: I call myself an eclectic writer since I write in a number of genres, romance from sweet to spicy, cozy mysteries, suspense and drama, fantasy from young adult to very adult.ort .

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

JLW: When I was in third grade, I read Anna Karenina for a book report. I re-write the ending. Besides that I was nearly suspended from school for reading a book too adult according to the teacher. My father told the teacher if I could read the words I could read the book.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

JLW: Inspiration came when my husband was in the Public Health Service and we were stationed in a very small town. The library had a limited number of books, mostly Zane Gray. Not that I'm against westerns but one can read only so many. The next time we went to a larger town, I went to the library and took out many books on writing. That's how it all began.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

JLW: My work schedule is fragmented. I write all my drafts by hand and I do four or five of those and type them into the computer. I work back and forth between the two places, usually typing the project I'm not writing. I also take breaks to read a chapter of research or someone else's work/

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

JLW: Each time one of my books is published and I receive a copy either electronically or in print, I usually laugh. It's a happy time.


CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

JLW: I've written a lot. Actually thirty-two published and three awaiting publishing dates plus the ones I'm currently working on. My favorite book is the one I'm working on currently. In this case, it's called the Dragons of Fyre and is a second in the Fyre series. Each of these books is an independent though they are set in the same fantasy world.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

JLW: Characters. There's a bit of other people, a bit of myself and a bit of imagination in every character I write. I generally use Astrology to chart their lives choosing to use the Sun, Moon and Rising sign for each of my characters.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

JLW: If they want to leave me a message, I have a space on Facebook. ON bookswelove.net I have two places where messages can be left in my guest book. Also by going there there are a number of times a year when contests are run. Jewels of the Quill have contests often featuring some of my books/ There are also forms that can be printed so my books can be ordered from the publisher.

JLW: Now to finding my books. Fictionwise, Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com, most of my publishers. New Concepts Publishing, Hardshell Word Factory, DiskUs Publishing, Mundania, Zumaya and an anthology that comes out in March can be ordered from Whiskey Press.

CA: Thanks Janet for sharing a little bit of you with the readers!!

No comments: