Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sheila Roberts *VBT* ONE DAY ONLY SO COMMENT AWAY!


Virtual Book Tour!!!
Author Pen Name: Sheila Roberts

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

Sheila: I write women’s fiction because I love writing about things near and dear to women’s hearts: family, friendship, love, chocolate.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

Sheila: I was writing stories when I was in the third grade, but I don’t think I realized I wanted to be a full-fledged writer until I was well into adulthood. My background was music, and I wanted to be a songwriter. I stumbled into my writing career just thinking I’d write a book for the fun of it. Once my first book was published, I was hooked.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

Sheila: Writing has always been a great source of entertainment for me. It’s also been a great method of coping with stress and hard times. When my real life was slipping out of control I could go lose myself in a story where I was in control of the world. (Always a good thing for a woman who figures she should be in charge of the universe!)

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

Sheila: That varies. I can be at my computer anywhere from two to six hours. It depends on whether or not I’ve got a deadline and what else is going on in my life. I try to keep a good balance between my writing life and my other life, which needs plenty of time for family, friends, and fun.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

Sheila: I always greet this phase of my writing life with mixed feelings. Delight over the new baby and fear that people will hate it.

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Sheila: That list is long, but a few things I enjoy are dancing, volleyball, playing cards or parlor games with friends, reading, watching chick flicks.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

Sheila: I’ve written eighteen novels (under different names), two non-fiction books, and content for several gift books. I think my favorite to date is my last year’s book with St. Martin’s Press, On Strike for Christmas. I love the holidays, and I really enjoyed both writing and promoting that book. It was great fun.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

Sheila: I often model my characters on real people. Somehow a little of myself always manages to sneak into someone.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

Sheila: I hope readers will visit my website,
http://www.sheilasplace.com
Books can be purchased anywhere and everywhere: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, your favorite independent bookstore and even Target.

CA: Thanks Sheila, I have enjoyed working with Pump Up Your Book Promotion and hosting these Virtual Book Tours. Your interview was great to read and I am on my way over to visit your site!

2 comments:

Desirée Lee said...

"It’s also been a great method of coping with stress and hard times. When my real life was slipping out of control I could go lose myself in a story where I was in control of the world."

I can relate to that fully! It's great how books can transport us anywhere we want to be, or sometimes more importantly, anywhere we need to be.

Carpe Noctem,
Des

Laurel Bradley said...

I love your titles Bikini Season and On Strike for Christmas. I find it hard to think up with good titles, how did you come up with yours?

Laurel Bradley
A Wish in Time
Creme Brulee Upset