Sunday, April 6, 2008

Interview with Liz DeJesus

CA: Liz DeJesus is amazing! She is also amongst my lovely ring of myspace friends..what you didn’t know is she also writes Naughty Fairy Tales *smiles* as Isabella Rose..oops did I let that slip? Thanks Liz!!

Author Pen Name: Liz DeJesus

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

Liz: I write fantasy, fiction, erotic romance and I have recently started exploring with horror. I write these genres because I like to explore different aspects of myself through writing and also if I didn’t, I honestly believe that my head would explode. It’s the only way I know how to vent what I can’t express vocally.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

Liz: The first time I read a book and the moment I picked up a pen and realized that I could jot down my thoughts on paper. I think I was 16 when I really started to take it seriously.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

Liz: Everything inspires me to write. Dreams, clouds, laughter, women crying, sadness, random conversations (I’m a master eavesdropper *wink*).

CA: Whispers down to Dave *makes sure Liz doesn’t hear conversation* *giggles*

CA: What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?

Liz: Before I started working (I was unemployed for a while), I would write everyday, every moment I had an idea I was in front of my laptop. But now that I’m working, I’ve had to write just on my days off. Every once in a while I manage to write for one hour before I go to work. I also take advantage over my lunch break, I bring my notebook in with me and I jot down notes and random ideas and then transfer it all to my laptop when I get a chance.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describe how you feel?

Liz: Excitement. I’m always eager to show people my work and I love getting feedback.

CA: What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

Liz: Read, take pictures, eat gummy bears and sour patch kids, take care of my puppy and watch Animal Planet.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

Liz: Yikes. Do I really have to answer this question? May as well ask me if I have any favorite children, since I see all of my stories as my babies.

I’ve written two books, one collection of erotic fairy tales and Nina and a collection of poetry. So far Nina is my favorite because it came from such an unexpected place. Almost as though it wasn’t supposed to happen. But I’m having loads of fun with the novel I’m currently writing, it’s titled Under the Moonlight. Lots of strange things happen in this book so keep your eyes open for when it comes out.

CA: My Personal favorite is your book The Jackets.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

Liz: It depends on the story. Sometimes I’ll take things my friends say and work it into the dialogue. But more often than not the characters are all little bits and pieces of me.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

Liz: People can email me at lizdejesus23@yahoo.com or leave comments on my blog at http://liz-dejesus.livejournal.com/ . To purchase a copy of Nina you can go to http://www.bluphier.com/ or http://www.amazon.com/ . If you are interested in a signed copy please email me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Crystal, thank you so much for the interview it was so much fun answering all of your questions. If you think of anything off hand that you would like to know please let me know. I'm more than happy to chat about anything. :D Hugs!

Anonymous said...

HI Liz! Hope you're doing well!
So what are your works in process at the moment?

Anonymous said...

I would like to hear more about these fairy tales.
Reading Is Fun

Anonymous said...

I'm currently working on getting Under the Moonlight published. It's finished and has been proffesionally edited so you know I'm ready to see that naughty girl out in the world. And I'm currently writting a novel based on the greek myth of Apollo and Daphne. If you don't know what I'm talking about check it out on wikipedia.org So far the book is turning out to be amazing. I can't wait to send these two books out to you. :D

Anonymous said...

Hi reading is fun. :D If you are interested in finding out more about Naughty Fairy Tales (my not so secret pen name is Isabelle Rose) Here's a link to my book http://www.lulu.com/content/1371034 Beware of where the dark fairies roam. ;)

Unknown said...

like the interview! was a nice interview!

C. L. Freire said...

What a great interview! She sounds like such a "real" person, so cool and so personable. Thanks for the interview, Crystal. I can't wait to read the others now!

HUGS and Great Interviews
(Cindy)
C. L. Freire

Anonymous said...

As usual, a good interview. Look forward to hearing more. Blessings CJ

Anonymous said...

Great interview ladies!!! Liz, best of luck to you with your books!! Nina sounds very intriguing, indeed!!

Hugs from a fellow author and animal planet lover!!

MJ Allaire, YA Fantasy Author
www.mjallaire.com
www.myspace.com/mjallaire

StevenGilby said...

HEY! I KNOW YOU! lol
i'm taking my morning(its really the afternoon, but i just woke up man! =P) to look at a bunch of the interviews. i really should keep track. some of these books look really good. i wouldn't mind getting a copy of The Jackets. that looks interesting.
well i cant think of anything else to say lol off to the next one!