Sunday, April 6, 2008

Interview with Keiko Alvarez


Author Pen Name: Keiko Alvarez

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

KA: I write erotica, although I am going to try to venture into Sci Fi (with an erotic twist).

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

KA: I work long hours away from home, and I needed something to occupy whatever free time I had. I decided to write as a catharsis for some personal issues, but then realized that I might have some talent, especially when it came to writing about sex. Self-motivation, I guess!

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

KA: Bad books! I would stop in the airport and buy what was ever popular and became more and more unhappy with what I read. I also subscribe to the New Yorker and find that I can barely make it through any of the fiction they publish, so I figured, “I can’t be any worse.”

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

KA: It depends. When I’m home, I start at 4 AM and go to about 10 AM . I never write at night.
When I’m on the road, I start around 8 PM and write until I fall asleep, usually around 10 PM .

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

KA: Excited!

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

KA: Outdoor stuff – running, playing tennis, clearing our land in Texas .
Indoor stuff – playing with my three dogs, playing with my spouse (for inspiration)!
I also work, but I can’t say that I enjoy it!

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

KA: Two are being published. I have completed two others, am working on two more, and have started writing short stories for a compilation.

My favorite is “The Transformation of Mandy” because it is based the realities of terrorism and counter-terrorism, the area in which I work.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

KA: Mostly on real people, except for the Sci Fi, which is completely imaginary.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

KA: Contact eXtasy Books through their web site or the link on my web page. I believe that “Forty Love”, the first of my books to be released, can be ordered now, but I am not sure.

CA: Keiko, thank you so much for the wonderful interview!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read many of Keiko's short stories on MySpace and the writing is very well structured. The emotion is so well written. Her books are definitely worth the read.

Anonymous said...

Hi Keiko, I think you have a fan ;)
If you don't mind could you post an exerpt or snippet of one of your books here?

Sonny said...

I "know" Keiko through MySpace and she's a wonderful person. I love her writing, She has such a vivid imagination and creates great characters. If you like spicy stories, you'll love Keiko's. Great interview.

Sonny

Unknown said...

love meeting new authors to me!

liked the interview!

Anonymous said...

I would be interest in reading an erotic science fiction novel, I don't think there are to many of them around. Best of luck with it Keiko and as aways crystal, great interview. Blessings CJ

Anonymous said...

Great interview ladies, and Keiko, you made me laugh out loud literally when I read your comment about you decided to start writing because of all the "bad" stuff out there and because what you write "can't be any worse"... LOL... that's one way to look at it!!!

Good luck with your writing AND marketing!! Add me as a friend on your myspace account!!!

Hugs & happy reading and writing,
MJ Allaire, YA Fantasy Author
www.myspace.com/mjallaire

Anonymous said...

Your writing sounds delicious, girl. I didn't attempt my first detailed love scene until my third book - I'm just shy at heart! Good on you for having the guts to put yourself out there. Great interview, helped in no small measure by Crystal's friendly nature.