Sunday, January 13, 2008

Scorpius Blood & The Sunz of the Zodiac TM, Writers-Illustrators



Scorpius Blood &
The Sunz of the Zodiac TM, Writers-Illustrators

SB: Crystal, I want to start out by thanking you for this wonderful opportunity to share. Not often does a person come along who offers a free service that requires soooo much time and attention. ATTENTION!!! God gave us misunderstood writers Crystal, in return for our twisted bravery to share such groundbreaking ideals that would normally get us locked up in an insane asylum...

CA: You're very welcome! I enjoy reviewing so much so I thought why not get to know the authors a little better as well promote you all in hopes of more sales! I am glad you see me as a blessing, you wanna tell my hubby that LOL! Thank you again for agreeing to feature this week. Now on with the interview!

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

SB: Now, back to biznaaaaz! Ha, ha, ha... we at The Sunz of the Zodiac TM, Writers-Illustrators, are stoked to share that we thoroughly enjoy writing science fiction, with a tremendous spiritual influence. However, our own viewpoint of our distinct genre should be classified as SS Fiction "Spiritual Science Fiction." Nothing in this world excites us more than the soul quest to discover hidden truths behind our twisted reality, religious and scientific. Clash at Creeden is an example of this ageless journey, through the darkest realms of our soul, to find your own degree of faith and strength to gain some sort of salvation-before it is too late.
When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
November 11th, 1997 @ 11:11 am Eastern Standard Time... ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, just joking! For me it was a gradual build up of steam, starting as a small child. However, my need/love to write is second to none other than graphic design/illustrating. Actually, I started to seriously write somewhat late, around 21 years old. Not to say I didn't try as a child, always achieving good grades in Honors English, but my mind was more extroverted back then.

CA:Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

SB: What honestly triggered me to turn inward and write was GOD, and the quest to find the hidden truth... growing up through the 80's I watched the greatest cartoons ever made; He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, and Silverhawks. These amazing mythological like figures, fighting for justice and honor, urged me to draw my own original characters. As I matured into the teens, these characters then needed personalities and history to bring them on a serious level. Playing Dungeons and Dragons gave me and my two talented brothers, Robb and Todd, an outlet for this need to create and express our characters' souls. I eventually built the backgrounds of our characters within Clash at Creeden from these saved role playing games I crafted and ran as DM. Around 20 yrs old my attention shifted to questioning and researching EVERYTHING! On my plate was ancient world history, religion, spirituality, and the Zodiac-to construct an overall plot for Clash at Creeden. In addition, we are here to SHATTER the concrete rules of this age old process of written communication! Like Thor's hammer pounding the head of his sarcastic political enemies, we aim to lead a revolution for self published authors-against our dry mouthed piers who are way too judgmental of the New Age Writers!

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

SB: If a writer can answer this with a detailed list of "To Dos" and tell you how they perform, to the precise minute... then they are not very creative or probably not any good at what they do-a poser! Organized chaos rules creativity!!! Now, this is my opinion based on my experiences, sooooo... do not get bent! Opinions are like... well, you get the point. Basically, I have a red pen behind one ear, just for looks, and my fingers are frantically pounding the keyboard-attempting to not spill my warm mountain dew on the laptop as the clock strikes 3 am and scares the crap out of me. The best ideas hit you at the most inconvenient times, like when your pen runs or you only have toilet paper to write on ;)

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

SB: Ha, ha, ha, ha... laughter cloaks fear ;) Naaaaah, I am STOKED! I absolutely cannot wait to shock the dull ass religious world with a serious jolt of "In Your Face" truth, concerning my ideas on the true identity of Jesus and his connection to the Titans aka Anunnaki! CONTROVERSY BABY!!!

CA:What do you like to do when you're not writing?

SB:I will be serious here when I should be humorous... God knows, I LOVE MY FAMILY!!! My two children and wife always seem to absorb my extra time. However, I am the needy/emotional one in our family!

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

SB: At 31 years old... I can honestly say, with no shame in my game, just one: Clash at Creeden, Cypher 8 of the Celestial Creed's Revelation. To spend 10 years writing a book must classify it as your favorite, right???

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

SB: I believe you need a balanced attack to appeal to everyone. First off, I constructed Clash at Creeden's main character, Jason "Dante" Wolvoz, to exactly mirror myself in his situations. Huge mistake according to the rules of writing! "You will overly absorb yourself into a character and see the appeal through your own eyes, leaving a huge gap that others cannot cross to gain interest." WTF!!! How can you honestly create a believable main character unless you speak from experience? I ONLY want the people who honestly like my main character to enjoy his trials. I only want readers you can relate and enjoy Clash at Creeden for what it is. I do NOT want fans if I have to lie to them. For our imagined characters, I use astrology charts and comparison charts to see how they would interact.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

SB: Wow, this interview is over already? I just began! Well, if you want/need to speak to me, Scorpius Blood, I would be honored...

Scorpiusblood@myspace.com
Sunzofthezodiac@aol.com

To purchase Clash at Creeden, Cypher 8 of the Celestial Creed's Revelation...

AuthorHouse.com

Barnes&Noble.com

Amazon.com

Borders.com

Additional Comments:We at The Sunz of the Zodiac TM are products of the 80's and 90's. Nothing about us fits the dry mouthed standard in this age old business of written communication. Our "New Age" style blends very little of the norm with much of the renegade ideals and habits often dismissed by the older generations. We seek not your approval, but urge you to look within your own soul to challenge the limits placed upon us by our governments and religions. Let our creativity and originality speak for itself. I thank you for your time and enjoy Clash at Creeden. Peace, light, and love...Scorpius Blood & The Sunz of the Zodiac TM

Clash at Creeden
For centuries mankind battled vicious Dragons, fought alien demons, and even killed his own blood brother-all to see the return of Jesus Christ, but God never appeared. However, in 3776 AD, Nostradamus predicts the absence of our Lord & Savior is nearly over… during Lucifer's reign in blood!"
-Scorpius Blood-

Clash at Creeden is an odyssey through primal instincts of the lost soul with a plot unmatched in spiritual significance since Dante's Inferno. The premiere volume of the Celestial Creed's Revelation is merely science fiction on the surface, reaching far beyond the boundaries of our genre. Within its pages a spiritual revolution will illuminate. It is an inner struggle that each of us face: accept scientific fact or trust in blind faith concerning the mysteries of creation, Heaven, Hell, angels, aliens, and God or the olden gods. Cypher 8 of the C.C.R. is a hybrid of sorts; we would prefer to label Spiritual Science Fiction (S.S. Fiction). Within Clash at Creeden's pages the legends of the olden gods connect with mankind and intertwine with biblical and modern day cultural beliefs concerning death, resurrection, faith, the end of days, and ultimately a one true Savior.

CA: Thank you so much for visiting with me this week! I hope everyone will leave a comment saying, " I'm going to get my copy right now!" If you do stop by at least drop us a line to say Hello!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have taken a glance at Clash at Creeden, and I am anixously awaiting my copy to be in my hands so I can read the book in depth. The graphics are so detailed and the concept of the book is so deep. It is just AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! I hope you enjoy the book!

Anonymous said...

Great interview, you sound like a fun person.

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone who has commented so far! Your candid thoughts/feelings, good or bad, mean the world to us. Keep the views coming to our myspace page!
The Sunz of the Zodiac TM, Writers-Illustrators

Anonymous said...

Just checking in. Scorpius Blood, hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Great interview! Scorpius & Sunz, good luck with your book .. I hope it gets out there and you reach the levels of success that all of us writers want to have!

Crystal, great job on the interview .. keep up the good work!

MJ Allaire

Unknown said...

si

Anonymous said...

Hi MJ and Blackroze thanks for stopping in! You know I love you guys :)

Anonymous said...

I think that this book is one of the most original I have come across in a long while- that's a big deal in the writing world! That combined with the beautiful art and raw yet emotional prose make it an excellent book. I highly recommend it!
Wonderful interview Crystal!

~Jessica Lynne

Anonymous said...

Wow this is truly a great book. I loved the visuals you provided and it is pure emotion!

Thanks for sharing this and I look forward to readingmore about you. You sound like an amazing and interesting group of writers. :)

Dawn
Owner-LR Cafe

Anonymous said...

This looks quite interesting...awesome interview and I just might have to pick myself up a copy of this book!