Monday, January 28, 2008

Interview with EW Bradfute


EW Bradfute is the author of The Stephen’s Case Mysteries, a very interesting series that will keep you guessing! I’ve been lucky enough to read/review The Mortal Vampire, if you would like to see the review just go to http://bookreviewsbycrystal.blogspot.com/2007/09/mortal-vampire-by-ew-bradfute-e-book.html but no matter what leave EW a comment he loves hearing from readers!
Now on with the interview!

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

EWB: Mystery/Suspense Genre. Since I have always been a big fan of mystery and problem solving, I thought of stories in my head that would stump even the best of problem solvers. This brought on the Suspense and Mystery I write.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

EWB: Well, I wouldn’t know exactly when I wanted to be a writer. When I was 15 there was a great man that inspired me as I learned life lessons. He read some of my writing and said I could be a writer. It wasn’t till recently that I took the story I showed him and made it a book today. I will say now that I am doing writing, it is becoming a passion.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

EWB: The man that inspired me was Alexander Stephens. He was a great, patient man and would take the time to tell you a new thing or saying to encourage you. I would say my Father as well. Just like Mr. Stephens he is a patient man, and tells you life growing things. They both told me, that I could do ANYTHING as long as I put my mind to it. As you can see I did!

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

EWB: Sometimes my work schedule is horrible. Since money isn’t coming in like the most famous authors, I have to work a full time job also. So I will work an 8 hour or more shift and then sit at the computer. Sometimes I stare at the screen and other times the words flow. I have found myself falling asleep while sitting at the computer. I have also been known to have only 2 hours of sleep.

CA:
Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

EWB: Excited!

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

EWB: Spend time with my wife and cats, and listen to music, it helps your moods. It will calm you, it can inspire you, and it can help you.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?


EWB: At the time of this interview I have written 3, there are more being worked on. My favorite? I would say “The Mortal Vampire”. That is because it is my first book, and what really got this whole thing happening.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

EWB: Both, I mean I use the names of some people I know, and somewhat of who they are comes out. But for the most part they character is from my imagination.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

EWB: They can reach me at what I want to be my fan site. MYSPACE! Just go to
www.myspace.com/themortalvampire. To buy the book they can contact me there and I will direct them. Or you can visit Amazon.com and http://triadpublishinggroup.com/

CA: Thanks so much for dropping in and interviewing with me this week! It is always a blast to meet a Vampire even if he is a Mortal one LOL..hope you got the joke EW As always it’s a pleasure talking with you and hopefully we can get some new readers to go your way!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, EW also has a short story being featured in the "From the Shadows" anthology due out 2/13/08.

Excellent interview but one question remains - how exactly are you both "mortal" and a "vampire"?

Anonymous said...

You're right Ravenn! Thanks for reminding me *wink*

Ahhh that you will have to read the story for :) and you will be left guessing ;)

Anonymous said...

How many books are going to be in the stephens case series?

Anonymous said...

Oops that last post was from me readingisfun

Unknown said...

I Currently have a short story in the book "From the Shadows" that will be out February 13th. That is another Stephens Case.

To be honest I had not really thought of how many to make. I was waiting to see the responses from you the Readers. But I am always open to Ideas!

Unknown said...

Well Ravenn,

I guess there is more than one mystery. So the true question is "Which is it going to be? Mortal or Vampire?"

But the best part is reading the book and seeing what IS the Mortal Vampire.

Unknown said...

you so totally rock! :)
may you have huge book sales for the rest of your career and keep putting us good books to read!

Jennifer Linforth said...

Great Interview, Crystal. The name and the idea of 'Mortal Vampire' really makes one do a double take.

Jennifer

Unknown said...

Thank you Blackrose,

I hope I do have that success but most of all I want to share it with my fans.

So they will all be for you guys!

Unknown said...

Jennifer,

I am learning that people are liking the name The Mortal Vampire, and with responses like what I am getting you guys are encouraging me to continue the series.

Thank you for such wonderful comments.

Anonymous said...

EW, I wish people would read your Stephen's case series.. can you remember how mad I was at the end of the books b/c I didn't know who the killer was? But my oh my what a surprise!!

Unknown said...

Yes I do, in fact you are always asking me who it is. But I think the greatest part of the series is the main Characters stay alive...OR DO THEY?